It's great that your thinking of saving for your future!
You can book a Term / Fixed Deposit by following a few simple steps:
1. On Mobile Banking
1) Go to Banking -> Fixed/Recurring Deposits
2) Open Fixed Deposit
2. On Net Banking
1) Go to Investment -> Deposits
2) Open A Fixed / Recurring Deposit
1) Please click here to know Fixed Deposit interest rates.
2) Fixed Deposit can be booked with minimum amount of Rs. 5000/- and (if it's your first Fixed Deposit, the minimum amount is Rs. 10,000/-) and there is no maximum limit.
3) For Fixed Deposits with a tenure below 181 days, interest will be calculated at maturity as Simple Interest.
4) No interest will be payable for NRE FDs maintained for less than 1 year.
5) In case of Tax Saving FD a) No pre-mature withdrawal of principal or accrued interest is permitted under this scheme b) Lien cannot be marked on the Fixed Deposit receipt issued under this scheme c) For Tax Saving Fixed Deposit, maximum amount is Rs. 1,50,000 and minimum tenure is 60 months.
6) Deposits booked under Premature Withdrawal Not Allowed option cannot be withdrawn before maturity.
a) Tax Savings Fixed Deposit
b) Applied Credit card against Fixed Deposit.