Be it an article you were reading, a product you were exploring or a journey you left unfinished, starting from where you left off is simpler than you can imagine. Just register for ‘Everything Me’ using any of your social media accounts and you are all set.
Please note, this is a soft login and no personal financial data will be saved here for security reasons.
You have logged in to Everything Me successfully
You have logged out from Everything Me successfully
#Simple interest rate
*Senior Citizens' rate is not applicable on NRO/NRE deposits
- No interest will be payable for NRE TDs staying less than 1 year.
- For Fixed Deposits with tenure below 181 days, interest will be calculated at maturity as Simple Interest.
- Standalone Fixed Deposits of tenure 181 days and above linked to saving / current account will be treated as per the regular sweep deposit functionality and penal charge will be applicable as above.
- For ActivMoney (2 way sweep deposits) Regular Fixed Deposit rates will be applicable for all customers including Senior Citizen's / Bank Staff
- Acceptance of deposits of Rs. 5 cr. and above is at the discretion of the Bank.
- Interest on Fixed Deposit can be paid for a period of less than a quarter (monthly interest payout) at the discounted interest rates as per RBI directives
- Above rates are applicable for mentioned dates only and are subject to change without prior notice
- The calculation of interest is basis 365 days in a non-leap year and 366 days in a leap (calendar) year.
How does the interest rate vary in accordance to the tenure and exact amount?
The interest rates for fixed deposit varies with respect to the various tenure options that you choose from. You can read about the detailed list of fixed deposit interest rates to understand the process further. Some of the key points to be noted here are:
What are the benefits of using Fixed Deposit Calculator?
The Fixed Deposit Calculator comes to your aid with a host of advantages. Some of their most lucrative benefits provide you with the following:
Why should you invest in Kotak Bank Fixed Deposits?
Who doesn’t want attractive interest rates; and a customized answer for your very own banking-related requirements? Or, someone to assure you maximum growth of all your hard- earned money? Well, we at Kotak Bank, have got all your needs covered with our 100% customer-centric fixed deposit account.
Interest will be paid at the rate prevailing on the date of deposit for the tenure the deposit or the withdrawn amount remained with the bank or at the contracted rate, whichever is lower after deducting applicable penal charge for premature withdrawal as per Terms & Conditions of the bank.
As per Terms & Conditions of Fixed Deposit Accounts of the Bank, the penal charge on premature closure of Fixed Deposits including partial closure has been fixed by the bank as below on Fixed Deposits booked/ renewed on or after 1st November, 2012.
|Tenure of Fixed Deposit||Penalty|
|Less than 181 days||Nil|
|181 days and above||0.50%|
For erstwhile ING Vysya Bank customers the above premature withdrawal penalty slabs will be applicable for Fixed Deposits booked/ Renewed on or after 1st April 2015.
Select your preferred method.
You become liable for TDS* when the aggregate interest you earn for all deposits held in a particular customer ID is greater than Rs. 40,000/- (Rs.50,000 in case of senior citizen) in a financial year.
TDS is deducted every time the Bank pays/re-invests interest during the financial year in accordance with the provisions of Income Tax Act as amended from time to time.
When interest amount is insufficient to recover TDS, the same is recovered from the principal of the deposit.
Yes, in case of reinvestment deposits, the interest reinvested is post TDS recovery.
TDS is deducted every time the Bank pays/re-invests interest during the financial year. TDS is also deducted on unpaid interest accrued at the end of financial year viz. 31st March.