If you are salaried individual and find yourself faced with an urgent liquidity need, applying for a personal loan is ideal for you. Their flexible terms and ease of processing makes personal loans one of the most sought after in the country.
Who are salaried individuals?
Salaried individuals are people who are working for some firm, government or private, and they draw a monthly fixed salary for the services they provide. Since salaried individuals have a fixed and constant source of income, they are ideal borrowers for banks. Most banks tend to offer attractive personal loan terms to these individuals.
Loan eligibility criteria for salaried individuals:
1. Tenure of service: In order to be eligible to apply for a personal loan from any bank or other private lending institution, a salaried individual should be employed for at least a year. The greater the work experience, the easier it is to get the loan application approved.
2. Minimum age: Though different banks have different minimum age criteria for accepting personal loan applications from salaried individuals, most mandate that you should be at least 21 years old. However, this is not always the case. For example, a leading private bank stipulates that salaried individuals need to be at least 28 years old to apply for personal loans.
3. Maximum age: Generally, you can get your personal loan application approved by the bank of your choice if you are less than 65 years old at the maturity of the loan term. Hence, if you apply for a two-year personal loan at the age of 64, chances are higher that the bank would reject your application.
4. Income: In order to be eligible for a personal loan through a bank, you have to draw a minimum salary every month, which varies from bank to bank. But generally, if you are earning at least Rs. 15,000 every month, you will be eligible for a personal loan.
5. Credit score: Your credit score is the most important thing that banks look at when they consider advancing you a personal loan. You have to maintain a minimum score of at least 700 if you do not want to risk your personal loan application being rejected by your bank. This score can be less if you are taking a loan from a private lender.
Personal loans come in very handy when you are in need of cash urgently. These loans take less time to process and lesser documentation is required. While personal loans come at a higher interest rate than all other types of loans, since they can be used for any purpose, these loans are one of the most attractive options available in the lending market.
Disclaimer: This Article is for information purpose only. The views expressed in this Article are personal and do not necessarily constitute the views of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. and its employees
You have already rated this article
Leave a Comment
Comment sent to Admin for review.
Comment was not posted due to some error
Personal loan, most attractive option to consider in urgent need of liquidity
Save yourself from a ‘vicious’ loan cycle or getting your loans disapproved
Many people in their 50s in need of a personal loan ...
By clicking on the hyper-link, you will be leaving www.kotak.com and entering website operated by other parties. Kotak Mahindra Bank does not control or endorse such websites, and bears no responsibility for them.
At your request, you are being re-directed to a third party site - http://www.billdesk.com/pgmerc/kotakcard/ wherein you can make your payment from a different bank account. Kotak Cards does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, materials, services or the reliability of any service, advice, opinion statement or other information displayed or distributed on the third party site. You shall access this site solely for purposes of payment of your bills and you understand and acknowledge that availing of any services offered on the site or any reliance on any opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information available on the site shall be at your sole risk. Kotak Cards and its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors and agents, expressly disclaim any liability for any deficiency in the services offered by BilIDesk whose site you are about to access. Neither Kotak Cards nor any of its affiliates nor their directors, officers and employees will be liable to or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss that you incur in the event of any deficiency in the services of BiIIDesk to whom the site belongs, failure or disruption of the site of BilIDesk, or resulting from the act or omission of any other party involved in making this site or the data contained therein available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to, inability to access, or use of the site or these materials.
Note: Available in select banks only. Kotak Cards reserves the right to add/delete banks without prior notice. © Kotak Mahindra Bank. All rights reserved