Kotak Net Banking offers various services which will be useful during tax filing
- E-file Income Tax
Income Tax e-Filing portal registered users can file tax returns or make advance tax payment
Banking >Tax Details> eTAX> E-filing (Income Tax)
- Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS)
Instantly view Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) online
More -> Statement -> View Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS)
- Submit Form 15 G/H
Avail exemption on TDS on Interest earned on Fixed / Recurring Deposit in a given Financial Year by submitting online
Banking> Tax Details> Submit Form 15G/H Online
Statements & Certificates
- Current & Previous Financial Year Account Statement : Download Yearly Statements (CSV format) for Last & Current Financial Year as well as Last & Current Calendar Year (available for NRIs as well)
Banking> Savings/Current Account> View/ Download Account Statement
- Monthly & Annual Account Combined Statement : View / download your last 18 months’ statements including the Annual Combined Statement for the previous financial year consisting all your Current Account, Savings Account, Deposits and Investment balances
More> Statement>View Statement
- Mail Account Statement : Request for Account Statement for any period either on your preferred email ID (free of cost) or on your registered mailing address (chargeable)
Banking> Service Requests> Account Statement
- Loan Statement : View/ download statements of your Home loan, Personal loan and Commercial loan
Instalment Loans >Loan Type> Statement
- Capital Gain Loss Statement : Generate Capital Gain/Loss Statement which is calculated net of TDS
Investments -> Reports -> Capital Gain Loss
- NPS Statement : Request report for 50K additional contribution made for Income Tax exemption
- TDS Inquiry : Get TDS details for Current and Previous Financial Year.
Banking Section >Tax Details > TDS Inquiry
- TDS Certificate : View TDS certificates for the last 4 completed calendar quarters. TDS certificates will be available if PAN registered with the bank matches with PAN available with NSDL records
More> Statement> TDS Certificate
- Interest Certificate : Physical Interest certificate will be issued for the previous financial year and mailed to your correspondence address within 8 working days
Banking> Service Requests> Interest Certificate
- Insurance Certificate : Link your Kotak Life Insurance policies online and access the Premium Certificate
Insurance>Manage My Policies> Premium Certificate
Click here to log in to NetBanking
General steps for Tax Filing
Since the advent of e-filing, tax filing has become a very simple process. While there are people who still choose to file their taxes offline, e-filing is the simplest and quickest way to do it. Here’s how to e-file your tax returns, explained in simple steps -
STEP 1 - Register yourself - Register at the Income Tax Department’s website “incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in” using your PAN details.
STEP 2 - Choose how you want to file your returns - There are two ways to e-file your income tax. You can either download the ITR form and fill the details offline or you can fill the details directly online. If you want to fill the form online, click on the “quick e-file” option.
STEP 3 - Select the ITR form applicable to you
- ITR-1 - If you a salaried individual, or earning a pension, or earning income from property or sources other than lottery.
- ITR-2 - If you have earned capital gains
- ITR 2A - If you own more than one house but don’t have any capital gains
- ITR 3, 4 and 4S - If you a professional or a business owner
STEP 4 - Keep the documents ready - Keep documents such as PAN, Form 16, interest statements, TDS certificates, home loans documents handy. Download Form 26AS which provide a summary of the total tax paid against your PAN. Additionally, you can authenticate your return Form 26AS to check your tax liability.
STEP 5 - Fill the form and upload - If you have downloaded the form, fill it and click on ‘generate XML’. Once that is done, you can upload the XML file back to the website by clicking the ‘upload XML’ button’. Next, select theXML file saved on your computer and click submit.
STEP 6 - Verify ITR V - This is a very important step. Your entire IT process will be invalid if you don’t complete this step. Once you have uploaded the form, the acknowledgement form i.e. ITR Verification (ITR-V) will be generated and sent to your registered email ID. The ITR-V can be electronically verified or you can send the signed ITR-V to the processing centre in Bengaluru.
However, make sure you do this within 120 days of filing the returns.
Documents Required to File Tax Returns - To ensure that you stay a step ahead, we have listed the required documents for tax filing. This will serve as a checklist when you file your tax returns -
- Bank account details
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
Salary related documents
- Rent receipts for claiming HRA
- Form 16
- Pay slips
House/Property related documents
- Address details of the property
- Details of the Co-owners including the PAN details
- Certificate of home loan interest
- Date of construction, in case the property was purchased under construction
- Tenant details, in case the property is rented
Capital gain related documents
- Sock trading statements and purchase details in case of capital gains
- If a house or property is sold, details of purchase price, sale price and capital gain details
- Statement of mutual funds, sale and purchase details of debt funds, equity funds, ELSS and SIPs
Other income related documents
- Bank account details incase interest on income is accumulated in savings account
- Documents showcasing interest income from corporate and tax saving bonds
- Details of income earned from post office investments