#Simple interest rate
*Senior Citizens' rate is not applicable on NRO/NRE deposits
- No interest will be payable for NRE TDs staying less than 1 year.
- For Fixed Deposits with tenure below 181 days, interest will be calculated at maturity as Simple Interest.
- Standalone Fixed Deposits of tenure 181 days and above linked to saving / current account will be treated as per the regular sweep deposit functionality and penal charge will be applicable as above.
- For ActivMoney (2 way sweep deposits) Regular Fixed Deposit rates will be applicable for all customers including Senior Citizen's / Bank Staff
- Acceptance of deposits of Rs. 5 cr. and above is at the discretion of the Bank.
- Interest on Fixed Deposit can be paid for a period of less than a quarter (monthly interest payout) at the discounted interest rates as per RBI directives
- Above rates are applicable for mentioned dates only and are subject to change without prior notice
- The calculation of interest is basis 365 days in a year for deposits booked in a non-leap year and 366 days in a year for Fixed Deposits booked in a leap (calendar) year.
Interest will be paid at the rate prevailing on the date of deposit for the tenure the deposit or the withdrawn amount remained with the bank or at the contracted rate, whichever is lower after deducting applicable penal charge for premature withdrawal as per Terms & Conditions of the bank.
As per Terms & Conditions of Fixed Deposit Accounts of the Bank, the penal charge on premature closure of Fixed Deposits including partial closure has been fixed by the bank as below on Fixed Deposits booked/ renewed on or after 1st November, 2012.
|Tenure of Fixed Deposit||Penalty|
|Less than 181 days||Nil|
|181 days and above||0.50%|
For erstwhile ING Vysya Bank customers the above premature withdrawal penalty slabs will be applicable for Tem Deposits booked/ Renewed on or after 1st April 2015.
Access our online FD calculator and enter the amount and fixed interest rate offered to you. You will get the results within seconds.
The interest rate for fixed deposits with Kotak Bank varies with maturity period, deposit amount, type of depositor, etc. For instance, the rates are higher for senior citizens compared to residing Indians under the age of 60 years.
At Kotak, you can start a fixed deposit with a minimum amount of Rs. 5,000.There isn’t any maximum limit for the fixed deposit amount.
Yes, we have an option for premature withdrawal from fixed deposit accounts in select cases.
TDS is deducted every time the Bank pays/re-invests interest during the financial year. TDS is also deducted on unpaid interest accrued at the end of financial year viz. 31st March.
The phrase that haunts the eligible bachelors, the hopeful singles. But what exactly is being settled?