How to Register TAN on the e-Filing portal?
You can register for a TAN or Tax Collection Account Number online through the Income Tax e-Filing portal. Here are a few easy steps to register for TAN online:
1. Visit the Income Tax e-Filing portal and select Tax Deductor and Collector under the Others tab.
2. Enter your 10-digit TAN and select validate.
3. Next click on the Go To Traces button and Login on to the page you’re redirected to using your User ID, Password and TAN.
4. Then click on the Register at e-Filing Site option and note down the essential details.
5. Further, go back to the e-Filing portal and enter your basic details, PAN details, mobile number, address, etc.
6. Complete the form, set a password and submit.
7. Finally, approve your TAN by visiting the Worklist tab and approving the TAN request.