Kotak Mahindra Bank is a leading provider of custody services in India with over $15 billion of assets under custody.
The features of the custody platform of Kotak:
Clearing and Settlement:
- Cash Equity, Equity Derivatives and Debt Settlement
- STP with client, exchange and brokers
- Real-time settlement for clients
- SWIFT enabled Custody platform
- Settlement process flowchart
- Dedicated internal team and an external vendor tracking news and information
- Information from various market sources, viz. exchange, newspapers (business and dailies), annual reports, company websites etc.
- Active tracking of voluntary and involuntary events.
State-of-the-art Internet Platform
Customer Contact Centre
- Custody platform accessible from Kotak Netbanking platform
- Real-time information on internet platform
- The online platform enables clients to monitor their trades, security holdings and corporate actions online
- Generate reports online related to holdings and corporate action
- Online confirmation of trades
- Corporate action event confirmations done online
- Funds transfer done through a simple online tool, by giving instructions over the free format messaging system
Kotak Mahindra Bank provides fund accounting services to entities investing in Indian capital markets to facilitate them in providing various reports to their investors.
- State-of-the-art Fund accounting systems, viz., MFund
- Capability of doing multi-currency fund accounting
- Capability of accounting for different asset types in the portfolio
- Capability of accounting for commodity investments
- Recording of subscriptions and redemptions in amounts and units
- Recording of market trades
- Recording of corporate actions
- Pricing of investments
- Recording accounting entries for accrual of income, expenses, amortizations, etc.
- Calculating Net Asset Value
- Generating MIS reports
- Generating reports for regulatory and compliance requirements
- Various methods of fund accounting; viz. weighted average, FIFO etc.
Fund accounting flowchart
Kotak Mahindra Bank is the first and only bank to offer an online platform for derivatives clearing services in India. The Bank has more than 5 million trades confirmed till date. The Following are the broad set of features available:-
- Online Real-time margin and position limits monitoring
- Regular margin call updates
- Reports on transactions, margin utilization and position limits.
State-of-the-art online platform
- Margin limit report and position reports are available scripwise
- Unique feature of margin calculator
- Online Real-time exchange margin and MTM summary report
- Live trade feeds available to the clients across various brokers
- Daily activity reports
- Information on companies under banned periods of trading
Derivatives Settlement flowchart