- Bank 24X7 - anywhere, anytime
- Stringent security for safe Online Banking
- View account details for Savings Account, Current Account, Term Deposits and Demat Accounts
- Transfer funds online between your third party accounts with Kotak Mahindra Bank, or any other bank account via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS
- Book a Term Deposit and do premature withdrawal online
- Online Password Regeneration & unlock User ID instantly
- View Kotak Life insurance policy, switch funds, pay premium online
- Apply online for new Kotak Life insurance policy
- View account balance, account activity and check cheque status
- Pay your Utility Bills, Credit Card, Recharge prepaid mobile / DTH using Kotak BillPay
- Recharge prepaid mobile phone and DTH accounts
- Pay your Direct tax through KotakBillPay
- Place requests for a cheque book, Debit Card PIN, Payment Gateway registration and many more transaction services
- Download digitally signed statements through Statement tab
- View securities available for Demat Accounts
- Safe online shopping with Kotak Netc@rd at over 8500 websites
- Invest/Redeem in Mutual Funds online and view current Mutual Fund portfolio (holdings)
- Apply for IPO/FPO/Rights Issue without any paperwork from the convenience of your home/office using ASBA facility
Why should I use Net Banking?
Banking on the Internet is like having a bank branch on your desktop. You can access your bank any time and from any place.
With Kotak Mahindra Net Banking, you have the advantage of viewing activities in your banking, Demat and investment accounts, transfer funds between your / third party accounts with Kotak Mahindra Bank, or with any other Bank which participates in RBI NEFT/ RTGS scheme, request a cheque book and physical statement, purchase & redeem investments online1, pay your utility bills, register for payment gateway and access many more services.
What are the banking activities I can do online?
- You can view your account balance, account activity, account details, un-cleared fund details, cheque status and current exchange rates.
- You can transfer funds between your accounts or third party accounts maintained with Kotak Mahindra Bank, or with any other Bank which participates in RBI NEFT / RTGS scheme, open a term deposit, check the Term Deposit rates over various tenures & amounts, set up standing instruction online to transfer funds between your own accounts, third party accounts or through Banker's Cheques.
- You can not only request a cheque book, but also decide the cheques leaves per cheque book in addition to the ability to stop cheques in the Cheque related Services option.
- You can print an online statement of accounts using the Account Activity option.
- You can now enquire about the TDS information on your deposits for the current & previous financial year.
- You can also view interest rates for different tenures of deposits in Open Term Deposits & Inquire Rates.
- You can pay your utility bills, VISA Credit card bills (VMT) and even make Direct Tax payments through KotakBillPay
- Communicate with the bank in a secure medium through the 'Mail' option which will allow greater flexibility for communicating with us, including the ability to put an online request for our Home Banking Services.
How do I log into Net Banking?
Please follow the below steps to log into Net Banking:
- In the Net Banking login page, enter User ID (CRN – Customer Relationship Number) and Password. CRN is mentioned on your Debit card (below name) and on the Cheque book.
- Once you enter the Password and click on ‘Secure Login’ you will be directed to a page in which you would need to click on 'Click here’ for generating the Dynamic Access Code and enter the Dynamic Access code received on your preferred mobile number and email ID.
- On successful authentication, you will have access to your Net Banking homepage and you can start your banking.
What is InterBank Fund Transfer?
InterBank Fund Transfer is a facility that allows you to transfer money from your account with Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. to an account in any other Bank, subject to the beneficiary's bank participating in the RBI National Electronic Funds Transfer (RBI - NEFT) scheme. This facility is available currently to resident Indian customers only.
You need to login using your Net Banking login ID and password, and select InterBank Fund transfer option under Payments on the left hand side menu.
You will then need to select the source account and enter the amount to be transferred and the details of the beneficiary account like beneficiary name, beneficiary account number, account type, bank name and the destination branch.
- Your account will be debited online, subject to sufficient available balance and a transaction/daily limit of Rs. 1 lakh. Requests received before 9:00 a.m. IST and 6:15 p.m. IST on all Mumbai working days (Monday to Friday) and 1:00 p.m. IST on working Saturdays in Mumbai will be sent by us to RBI in the respective clearing cycles.
- The time taken to credit the Beneficiary's account will be dependent on the time taken by the Beneficiary's Bank to process the payment.
What are the Demat activities I can do online?
- You can view Account Statements, Account Activity, Holding Details and Billing Details
- You can request for physical statements, client master details and pledge forms
- You can view ISIN details and settlement calendars
What are the Investments activities I can do online?
- You can view your Account, Transaction Details and NAV of your investments
- You can purchase and redeem investments online1
- You can check on the status of your Purchase/Redemption requests
- You can download reports
- You can get the latest NAVs and advisory services
Who can use Net Banking?
All customers who have unconditional operating authority on any Kotak Mahindra Bank Savings / Current account can get View and Transactional access to Net Banking.
How can I get a User ID/password for Net Banking?
Please click here to download the channel access request form for individuals.
Please click here to download the channel access request form for limited companies, associations, trusts, partnerships, sole proprietorships and HUFs.
Please fill up the form and put it in the drop boxes in our branches/ATMs or mail it to:
Customer Contact Center,
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.,
Post Box Number 16344,
Mumbai 400 013
What do I need to bank on the Internet?
To access Net Banking you need:
- Net Banking User ID and Password
- A PC with a browser
- An Internet connection
The following PC configuration is recommended for best performance:
- Pentium processors with at least 64 MB RAM
- Any of the following: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows NT
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or a higher version
- Monitor Resolution of 800x600
How secure is Net Banking?
We have the most advanced security system to safeguard your Net Banking transactions. All your transactions travel in a 256-bit SSL encrypted medium, the highest level of security on the Internet. The servers are protected with firewalls that make unauthorized access impossible.
At the customer level, every customer is provided with a unique User ID and password. In addition, we make sure that:
- To login into Kotak Net Banking, other than CRN and Net Banking Password, you need a Dynamic access Code which is valid for just one hour from the time of generating it.
- To prevent somebody from guessing your password and getting unauthorized access to your account, your User ID is locked after three consecutive wrong password entries. Similarly, to prevent somebody from guessing your Dynamic Access Code and getting unauthorized access to your account, the facility to generate Dynamic Access Code gets locked in case of five consecutive entries of wrong Dynamic Access Code
- To prevent an unauthorized person from viewing your Net Banking account in case you leave your computer idle, we close your Internet session if there's no activity for more than 30 minutes.
- If you want to block your Net Banking for a specific duration, you can call our 24-hour Customer Contact Centre and ask our Customer Care Officers to do so. You can unblock it whenever you want by calling and requesting for the same.
What are the charges for Net Banking?
All Kotak Mahindra Bank customers are given free access to Net Banking.
While trying to log into Net Banking, I get an error message, what should I do?
Please check your User ID and password. Please note that password is case sensitive ('a' is different from 'A').
The other reasons for an error could be:
- Your browser is not compatible with our Net Banking application. Please use Internet Explorer 5.5 or a higher version.
- You have entered the wrong password three times consecutively. Your User ID is locked in case you enter a wrong password three times repeatedly. This is done to prevent somebody from guessing your password and getting access to your account. Please call our 24-hour Customer Contact Centre. for more information.
- You have instructed us to block your Net Banking User ID. If you want to unblock your User ID, please call our 24-hour Customer Contact Centre.
- Our server may be temporarily down, please try logging in after some time.
I'm unable to do financial transactions after logging onto Net Banking, what should I do?
Please check your operating mandate. Account holders with joint or conditional operating mandate cannot do financial transactions on Net Banking. Additionally for Investment accounts, a Power of Attorney is required to be executed in favour of Kotak Mahindra Bank for giving online1 Purchase / Redemption requests.
Please contact any of our branches or our 24-hour Customer Contact Centre to get a POA Form.
I have forgotten my Net Banking password. How can I regenerate it?
Your password can be regenerated instantly with the ‘Generate Password’ service available on the login page of Net Banking. Also, you can call our 24-hour Contact Centre. Our Customer Care Officer will be glad to assist you.
What are the options through which I can generate my Net Banking password online?
There are two options available to regenerate your Net Banking password online. You can select any one of the options as mentioned:
- Debit Card
- Secret Questions
You also have the option to request for a physical PIN mailer.
My Net Banking password has been locked, but I remember the same. How can the same be unlocked?
You can unlock the same immediately using the unlocking account feature available on the login screen or the same will get unlocked automatically after 12 Hrs. Alternatively, you can call up the 24 Hour Customer Contact Centre / visit the branch for the same.
My Net Banking password has been blocked. How can the same be unblocked?
You can unblock the same immediately using the Generate Password link on the login screen. Alternatively, you can unblock by calling our 24 Hours Customer Contact Centre or visit nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank branch.
My Online Password regeneration service is blocked. How do I unblock it?
To unblock the service, please call 24 Hours Customer Contact Centre toll free number at 1800-102-6022 or visit our nearest Bank branch.
What are secret questions?
It’s a set of questions where answers of your choice can be registered through the profile section on Net Banking. These questions can be used to regenerate / unlock your Net Banking password on selecting secret questions.
I am a Non Resident customer and I have not set secret questions. Can I generate my Net Banking password online?
Yes, you can generate password online instantly with ‘Generate Password’ option available on the login page of Net Banking.
After you have successfully regenerated the password and logged in to Net Banking, please set your secret questions in Profile section to use Online Password regeneration effectively in future.
What are the precautions I need to take for Net Banking?
- Please memorize the password and destroy the password mailer after you receive it.
- After receiving the password mailer, immediately log on to Net Banking and change your password.
- Please don't disclose your password to anyone, including Kotak Mahindra Bank staff.
- Please change your password at regular intervals (at least once a month), especially after you have accessed Net Banking on shared PCs.
- Please don't use obvious passwords (like name, date of birth, etc.)
What is Nick Name?
Nick Name is an alternative to User ID to simplify Net Banking access. You can create your Nick Name by visiting the "Profile" page after logging into Net Banking. You have the option of using your Customer Relationship Number (CRN) as your user ID or Nick Name, with the same Net Banking password.
With Nick Name, you enjoy the following advantages:
- Convenience - Easy to remember and selected by you
- Security - Your Customer Relationship Number (CRN) is never disclosed
How I can select a Nick Name?
To select a Nick Name, follow the simple steps:
- If you are a first time user or have forgotten your Nick Name, login to your Net Banking using your Customer Relationship Number (CRN)
- Go to "Profile" section and enter a Nick Name
- Click on "Go" to create your Nick Name
Next time you login, you can use your Nick Name and Net Banking Password to log in.
What is Request for Do Not Contact (DNC)?
As a bank we respect the privacy of our customers and understand that some of them may not want to be contacted over various channels for our marketing activities.
Therefore, DNC as an option is being made available to the customers of the bank to get them deregistered from marketing calls, alerts & emails.
How can I register / deregister for DNC?
Request for DNC can be given:
- At any of our branches through a letter or fax
- At our 24-hour Customer Contact Centre by way of letter, faxes, call or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post logging into Net Banking in the 'Requests' section or via an email through the 'Mail' section.
- Next time you login, you can use your Nick Name and Net Banking Password to log in.
After registering for DNC will I be contacted by the bank?
DNC request should in no way be construed as a blockage of Call / Alerts / SMS from the bank. This facility enables you to block only the marketing related Call / Alerts / SMS from the bank. You will continue to receive Call / Alerts / SMS for your account related information, subject to you being registered for the same. E.g. a customer registered for Alert services would continue to get Call / Alerts / SMS for large credits, large debits, amounts less that Minimum AQB, home banking calls, etc., even if the customer has registered for DNC services. Also, this Request for Do Not Contact is valid only for Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. and not for the group companies and associates.
*Service available at cities / districts covered under RBI-NEFT system
1 Online Investment Facilities in Mutual Funds is available across all countries except USA and Canada
A simple registration process lets you be in control of your account from around the world through Kotak Net Banking.
Download the Channel Access Request form or visit a branch and request for a channel
access request form.
Fill up the Channel Access Request form
Submit it through ATM, Branch or post
- Drop-box placed in Bank branches / ATMs
Find Kotak Bank ATM / Branch
- Send the form through ordinary post to:
Customer Contact Centre,
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.,
Post Box Number 16344,
Mumbai 400 013
You can get Net Banking access if you have a Savings Bank Deposit, a Term Deposit or a Current Account.
Saving and Current Accounts:
- View account details, account activity
- Account details will be available to the customer like joint holder if any, account opening date, status of account (e.g. active, blocked, dormant etc.), mode of operation, account currency and account type
- You can set a Nick Name for your account number
- Nominee details can be viewed only if requested to be displayed
- Customer can view a mini statement of the last 5 transactions
- Lien Inquiry - You can view the lien (funds which are currently on hold) details and Lien summary
- Cashless Deposits - View the details and status of Cheques / Instruments deposited.
- View / Stop Cheque - You can view the status of the cheques like Paid, Unused and Stopped. You also have the option to stop Single / Multiple Cheques.
- Temporary Overdraft (TOD) Inquiry - You can view Temporary Overdraft (TOD) details, if any. Details like Status of TOD, Grant date, expiry date of TOD, TOD amount, Interest rate and also the penal interest rate.
Term Deposit Accounts:
- Book your Term Deposit Online.
- You can now also do a premature withdrawal and also request for change in maturity instructions online.
- A Deposit calculator is now available which will help you work out how your deposit is growing for a specified time period, based on the type of deposit and deposit amount.
- You can view your deposit details like primary deposit details, type of deposit, nominee name (if any), other details like maturity instructions, interest rate etc. You can also view the schedule of credit of interest in your account excluding TDS.
- View details of pool accounts created (multiple accounts linked), if any.
- Simulate Term Deposit Pre-closure – This is a calculator which will help you determine the withdrawal amount with interest details as per the date of closure and withdrawal amount. This is only an indicative amount, actual amounts may vary.
- Within your Kotak Accounts – Transfer money between your Kotak accounts.
- To someone else's Account – Transfer money to another person's Kotak account
- To another Bank (NEFT) – Transfer money to an account in another bank via RBI's National Electronic Fund Transfer system (NEFT). This is usually used for transfer amounts of Rs. 2 lakh and less.
- To another Bank (RTGS) – Transfer money to an account in another bank via RBI's Real Time Gross Settlement. This is a faster way to transfer money of Rs. 2 lakhs and above.
- Demand Draft – Send money to someone using a Demand Draft. Demand Draft can be sent to the beneficiary's address or your correspondence address registered with the bank.
- You have the option to choose when to make the payment or you can save the transaction and make the payment when desired.
- Pay Now: The payment will made instantly.
- Pay Later: You can pick a date as to when you wish to make the payment. The transaction will be scheduled and processed on the date of payment chosen by you. You can Edit/ Stop this transaction from 'Pending Transfers'.
- Schedule Regular Payments: You can schedule regular payments by choosing this option. You need to enter the start date, frequency and date till when you wish to make your payments. For Standing Instruction set up for payments, you can even Stop / Edit the Standing Instruction details.
- You can view all your past transactions under 'Completed Transfers' with the Status of the transaction. You even have the option to use the 'Copy Transfers' facility, in case you wish to make the same transaction without entering the required transaction details again.
Add / Manage Beneficiaries:
- You can view and manage your beneficiaries online.
- You can add a beneficiary and also activate or inactivate the same online.
- Beneficiaries added at other channels like a bank branch will also be available for the customer to transfer funds to, via Net Banking.
- Multiple accounts can be mapped for a beneficiary for Transfer Type. (e.g.- NEFT / RTGS etc.)
- You can now change the Beneficiary limits on Net Banking. The same can be decreased from the bank default limit for Net Banking. To increase the same, you need to visit the nearest Bank branch.
You now have a wide range of Service Requests that are available to you online. You can place a Service Request and even view your service request details.
Service Requests are as below:
Savings and Current Account Service Request
- Request for Cheque Book
- Stop Cheque(s)
- Request for Account Statement - You can request for an account statement either via post to your correspondence address or get it mailed to your preferred email ID.
- Request for Balance Certificate - Balance Certificate will be issued as per the date selected by you.
- Request for Interest Certificate - Interest Certificate will be issued for the previous financial year (April to March)
Deposit Service Requests:
- Open Term Deposit
- Link a Term Deposit to Saving / Current Account
- Premature Withdrawal of Term Deposit
- Change Maturity Instruction for Term Deposit
- Request for Account Statement
Home Banking2 Service Requests:
- Cash Pick Up Request
- Cash Delivery Request
- Cheque Pick Up Request
- Demand Draft Delivery Request
Debit / Prepaid Card Related Request:
- Report Lost / Stolen Debit Card
- Debit Card Activation for use at Merchant Establishments
- Request for Debit Card
- Request for a New PIN for your Debit Card
- Change Primary Account for Debit Card
- De-link Account(s) from Debit Card
- Block / Unblock Debit Card
- Purchase of Best Compliments Card (Prepaid Card)
Payment Gateway Related Request:
- Register for Payment Gateway
- Modify Payment Gateway Registration
- Client ID Registration for Online1 Trading
- This section provides access to view your Demat account details. You can also trade online in these securities by opening a trading account with Kotak Securities Ltd.
- View account activity, billing details, holding details
- Inquire transaction status, Demat status of securities
- Place an online request for account statement, Shareholding details or billing
- Place a request for Pledge Forms or Client Master Details
- In case you want to convert your existing shares into Demat format, you can view securities available for Demat
- You can view the details of your transactions including settlement date, pay in date, pay out date using the View Settlement calendar option
- This section enables you to view and purchase / redeem Mutual Funds online1 and other details of your investments with us.
- Keep track of your investments online - view account details, transaction details and current NAV, percentage gain / loss and IRR
- Get details of investments by Asset Class or Fund Name
- Purchase / redeem Mutual Funds online1
- Place Standing Instruction for auto debit of your account and investments in the selected fund
- Check status of your Buy / Sell requests
- Get the latest NAVs
- Get advisory services and industry updates on a continuous basis
- Online transaction readiness can be viewed on Net Banking wherein you can know whether you are KYC compliant for Mutual Funds investments
- This is a onetime use virtual card which enables you to shop online on any website that accepts VISA cards, in a secure way.
Kotak Netc@rd usage:
- Generate your Kotak Netc@rd by either logging onto Net Banking or using small software application - Kotak Netc@rdQuickPay - installed on your computer.
- Cancel cards if you do not wish to use them
- View card details including the status of the card, card amount, create date, expiry date
- View Transaction details including the card number, merchant name where the card was used and settlement amount
Kotak BillPay is an Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment Service. A secure and hassle free way to pay your bills!
- Kotak BillPay is a simple, convenient and secure way of managing your bill payments from anywhere, anytime
- You can pay your utility bills (telephone, electricity, mobile, etc.), insurance premium, recharge prepaid mobile phone and DTH account, subscribe to magazines, pay taxes or make donations
- Kotak BillPay offers you the flexibility of making regular payments by registering the biller or making one time / ad hoc payments using the 'Instant Pay' option. You also have the option to pay via your bank account or Kotak Credit Card.
- Payment via Kotak Credit Card is an option available only on Net Banking (Excluding payments like Visa Credit Card, Get Money, Direct Tax)
- Option available to Pay Now or Later.
- For registered billers, you will be able to view the bill amount and due date
- You can pay your domestic Visa Credit Cards bills with Kotak BillPay
- Kotak BillPay offers you 'AutoPay' wherein you can register for automatic payments from your account. Payments will be scheduled and processed 4 days prior to the due date / Payment date specified by the customer.
- With Recharge, you can top up your prepaid mobile phone and DTH account instantly. On successful recharge you will get a confirmation SMS from your mobile / DTH operator.
- You can even pay your Direct Tax through Kotak BillPay
- You can also view your Bill and Payment History
- Additionally, you will also receive Alerts via Email / SMS for any biller addition / deletion, receipt of new bill and status of bill payments and even AutoPay alerts.
- To avail of Kotak BillPay, simply login to Net Banking and click on the BillPay option or call up our 24-hour Customer Contact Center or walk into your nearest Kotak Mahindra Branch. You can also make payments to your registered billers through Kotak Mobile Banking.
- This service is Free of Charge
|Reliance Energy||0.5% discount on bill amount, subject to a maximum discount of Rs. 250 per bill|
|Mahanagar Gas||1% discount of the bill amount|
|MTNL||1% discount subject to a maximum discount of Rs. 250 per bill|
For more details on Billers, Click Here
Receive funds from any non Kotak Bank Account to your Kotak Bank account using RBI's ECS facility absolutely FREE.
- Registration to be done on Net Banking or at our nearest bank branch to avail Get Money service.
- Debit Bank account details (ECS Debit Mandate Form) need to be verified by Debit Bank. This verification / lodgement process takes up to a maximum of 25 days from date of submission of ECS Mandate Form to our nearest bank branch.
- You can either receive funds on ad hoc basis (one-time) or can set up a Standing Instruction (SI) to receive funds on regular basis, post successful activation of Get Money registration. You also have the option to modify or delete the Standing Instruction.
- Get Money funds transfer requests can be given on Net Banking, 24-hour Customer Contact Centre or our nearest bank branch.
- You will receive email and SMS alerts on the registered email ID and Mobile number with the bank for all events on Get Money.
- You can even view details of your pending transfer requests and transfer history post logging into Net Banking.
- You can register multiple Bank accounts as debit bank accounts under the Get Money service.
- Access Code Registration and De-registration Access Code is an additional password required to log in to Kotak Net Banking / Payment Gateway. You can register or de-register for this service.
- Do Not Contact request – Register yourself under this section to discontinue receiving marketing related calls from the bank.
Note: Existing "Service Requests" have been moved under the "Banking" section. We have also added additional "Requests" for your convenience.
You can now apply for IPO/FPO/Rights Issue through Kotak Net Banking without any paper-work and from the convenience of your home / office.
- ASBA stands for Application Supported by Blocked Amount.
- Customers can apply for IPO/FPO/Rights Issue online using ASBA by authorizing the bank to block an amount equivalent to the application amount in the relevant bank account.
- The application amount would be retained in the customer's bank account, and is blocked towards the IPO/FPO/Rights Issue application. The funds remain blocked till the completion of the allotment process.
- On intimation of allotment, amount to the extent required will be debited to the bank account. In the case of partial / no allotment, an amount for the un-allotted portion will be released.
- Since the amount is blocked and not debited until allotment, you will continue to earn interest on the application amount (as applicable).
You can view and download your previous months' digitally signed statements including your Annual Combined Statement for the previous financial year through the Statement tab. Also you can request for your preferred statement delivery option by clicking on Statement Registration.
Profile has your contact details, like correspondence address, preferred email ID and mobile number. For enhanced security, modification of preferred Email ID or Mobile Number is not possible online. To make any changes to your preferred Email ID or Mobile Number please visit your nearest branch and submit a signed request along with an acceptable proof of identity. To change your correspondence address, please submit a signed request along with an acceptable proof of address.
It also has secret questions. You need to set your secret questions to be able to unlock your Net Banking User ID online instantly.
This section provides you a secure mail service to contact the bank with your complaints / suggestions. You can also place your 'Home Banking' requests in this section.You can also do the following:
- Track your queries easily by immediately getting your service request number
- Set reminders for your important tasks and mail
- Get alerts for reminders and closure of Service Requests
- Set/ Manage reminders
- Flag (using the “Star” option) your important mails for easy reference
- NRI customers can place a request for change in preferred mobile number, preferred email id and preferred communication address
1 Online facilities for investment in Mutual Funds as well as trading in secondary market is available across all countries except USA and Canada
2 Facilites available in India only
Regenerate / Unlock Net Banking password online instantly:
Now, regenerate your Net Banking password if you have forgotten it or unlock it online if it's locked with ease in just a few simple steps.
- Click on "Generate password" link to regenerate password or on "Unlock account" link to unlock you existing password in the Net Banking login page
- Enter User ID (CRN)
- Answer two mandatory questions
- Select any one method mentioned below for additional verification:
- Debit card: Verify debit card information
- Secret questions: Answer secret questions as mentioned during its registration To register secret questions, please visit profile section after logging into Kotak Net Banking
- After verification of Debit card / secret questions, enter a 6 character password of your choice and the other 6 characters password will be sent to your preferred email ID and mobile number. In case of unlock password, existing password is unlocked instantly
- Log into Kotak Net Banking with the combination of your 6 character password followed by the 6 character password sent from our end.
- You also have an additional option to request for physical PIN mailer
Steps to regenerate Net Banking password online for NR customers who have not set secret questions:
- Click on Generate password link on the Net Banking login page
- Enter User ID (CRN).
- Answer two mandatory questions
- Enter a 6 character password of your choice and the other 6 characters password will be sent to your preferred email ID and mobile number.
- Log into Kotak Net Banking with the combination of your 6 character password followed by the 6 character password sent from our end.
Protected by the most stringent security systems, Net Banking allows you to transact over a completely secure medium. All your transactions travel via 256-bit SSL encrypted medium, the highest level of security on the internet. The servers are protected with firewalls that make unauthorized access impossible.
Each customer is, provided with a User ID and Password. Your password is generated in such a way that it is only known to you. To provide enhanced security and safety we have introduced Dynamic Access Code. To log in to Net Banking / Payment Gateway you would need to enter an additional password i.e. your 'Dynamic Access Code'. This Dynamic Access Code is to be generated online and will be sent instantly to your preferred Email ID and Mobile Number registered with the Bank. Dynamic Access Code is valid for an hour from the time it is generated by you.
Dynamic Access Code can be generated by entering your User ID / Nick Name and your Net Banking Password and clicking on 'Generate Dynamic Access Code' tab on the Dynamic Access Code login page.
In addition we guard against unauthorised entry or viewing in the following ways:
- To prevent somebody from guessing your password and getting unauthorised access to your account your User ID is locked in case of three consecutive wrong password entries in 24 hours. Similarly, to prevent somebody from guessing your Dynamic Access Code and getting unauthorised access to your account generation of Dynamic Access Code is locked in case of five consecutive wrong entries of Dynamic Access Code of in 24 Hours
- To prevent an unauthorised person from viewing your Net Banking account in case you leave your computer idle, we close your Internet session in case of inactivity for an extended period of time.
- You can block your account anytime for any duration you wish by contacting our Customer Care Officer at our 24-hour Customer Contact Center. It is unblocked upon your request. In case, your account in blocked due to non-usage, you can unblock the same by generating a new password online or you can call up our 24-hour Customer Contact Center or walk into the nearest branch.
- To prevent somebody from accessing your Net Banking User ID and Password through capturing of keystrokes from a keyboard, we have now enabled the 'Virtual Keypad' on the Net Banking / Payment Gateway Login screen.
- Dynamic Access Code and transaction alerts are sent to your preferred Email ID and Mobile Number registered with the Bank. For security reasons, you will not be able to change your preferred Email ID or Mobile Number through Net Banking and would need to submit a signed request along with an acceptable proof of identity at your nearest Kotak Mahindra Bank's Branch