- Check balance of your Savings & Current accounts
- View past transactions
- Account Overview
- Open Term Deposit
- Open Recurring Deposit
- View Term & Recurring Deposits
- Transfer funds without registering beneficiary, through One Time transfer
- Repeat past transactions made in One Time Transfer
- Make NEFT / RTGS fund transfer even after the cut-off time
- Kotak to Kotak Fund Transfer
- Fund Transfer between own accounts
- IMPS Fund Transfer using Account No / IFSC (P2A)
- IMPS Fund Transfer using Mobile No / MMID (P2P)
- IMPS Fund Transfer for Merchant Transactions (P2M)
- Transfer money by using beneficiary's mobile number with Message Money
- Search registered beneficiary
- Request for account statement
- Schedule Fund Transfer post cut off time
- View MMID
- Modify MMID
- Generate OTP for IMPS P2M (Merchant Transactions)
- Term Deposit Calculator
- View Term Deposit Rates
- View Scheduled Payments
Bill Pay & Recharge
- Register for BillPay using Add biller
- Pay due bills
- Make instant payments to your registered billers
- Set auto pay to make payment automatically using Manage AutoPay
- Mobile recharge
- Browse mobile tariff special plans
- Repeat past mobile recharges
- DTH Recharge
- Repeat past DTH Recharges
- View summary of your Credit Cards
- Pay your Credit Card bills
- View past billed statements
- View unbilled transactions
- Balance Transfer
- Convert transactions to EMI
- Request Add on Card
- Set-up auto debit for bill payment
- Report Lost / Damaged Card
- Regenerate Credit Card PIN
- Register for e-statement of your Credit Card
- Purchase Mutual Funds
- Redeem Mutual Funds
- Keep a track of your investments
- Get the latest NAV report
- Check status of your transaction requests
- Cancel your transaction request
- Book domestic & international flight tickets
- View flight booking history
- Cancel flight booking
- Make hotel reservations
- View hotel reservation history
- Request for cheque book
- Status enquiry of your cheque
- Stop cheque request
- Switch primary account of your Debit Card
- Report loss of card
- Activate Debit Card
- Set / Remove international usage facility for your card
- Regenerate Debit Card PIN
- Check your account overview
- Check your account activity
- View your holding details
- Request Client Master List (CML)
- Request Pledge Form
- Request Nomination Form
- Request Statement of Transaction
- Request Statement of Holding
- Request Statement of Billing
- Select widgets to personalise your home page and get all the information in one place
- Option to set MPIN Off and view certain information without logging in
- View alerts & notifications
- Get One View of all accounts
- Get latest and exciting deals on Kotak Offers App
- View social and transaction points in your JiFi account
- Change MPIN (Mobile Banking PIN)
- Add / Delete CRN
- Customer Contact Centre numbers and Email under Contact Us
- Set a profile picture to personalize your app
- Links to follow Kotak Mahindra Bank on social media sites
- Frequently asked questions
*This feature is currently available only on Android & iPhones
How do I get the Kotak Mobile Banking App?
You can download the Kotak Mobile Banking App from app.kotak.com or go to the app store on your device (Apple App Store / Google Play Store / Blackberry World / Windows Store). You can also SMS Mobile to + 91 9971056767 / 5676788 to receive a link of the app on your registered mobile number.
What type of handset do I need to use the Kotak Mobile Banking App?
Kotak Mobile Banking App is supported on GSM / CDMA phones. The app is available in iOS (version 4.3 onwards), Android (version 2.2.3 onwards), Windows (version 8.0 onwards) and Blackberry (version 5.0 onwards) operating systems. You need to have access to internet to use the app.
Can I access Kotak Mobile Banking if I have not registered for Net Banking?
Yes. Mobile Banking access is not related to Net Banking. You can register for Mobile Banking using your active Credit or Debit Card details.
What precautions do I need to take while using Mobile Banking?
- Memorize your MPIN and do not write it anywhere. Please don't disclose your MPIN to anyone, including Kotak Mahindra Bank staff
- Change your MPIN at regular intervals
- Do not use obvious numbers like date of birth, mobile or landline number, etc. as MPIN
Will I be charged for using the app?
Mobile Banking app is absolutely free. There are no charges levied by the bank. However standard internet usage charges are applicable as levied by your service providers.
Can I track the accounts of my family members from one device?
Yes. You can register the accounts of your family members on one device. You can add upto 4 CRNs on a single device.
What is a primary CRN?
The administrator of the Mobile Banking app in a device is termed as "Primary CRN". By default, the first CRN (Customer Relationship Number) added on the device will become the primary CRN. You can change the admin (primary CRN) in Settings.
Please note: Push Notifications and the ability to view My Kotak without logging in is available only for Primary CRN.
How do I add a CRN to the device?
Click on "Add CRN" button available on the login page or use the "More" menu.
How do I delete a CRN from the device?
Go to Settings > Manage Profile > What's next step and delete the CRN. While a primary CRN can delete any of the profiles, individual CRNs also have an option to delete their own profiles.
How do I change the Primary CRN?
Only the primary CRN has the right to change this. Go to Settings > Manage Profile> What's next step to change the Primary CRN. The MPIN of the CRN which is being changed to Primary CRN will also be required to complete this change.
When my CRN gets locked, what should I do?
Your CRN gets locked when you enter wrong MPIN 3 times consecutively. To unlock, use Forgot MPIN option in the More Menu. Alternately, the CRN will get unlocked automatically after 12 hours.
If I forget my MPIN, what do I do?
You can use the "Forgot MPIN" option in the More Menu to generate a new MPIN. You have to reset your MPIN using your Net Banking password or Debit / Credit Card details.
If I change my handset will I be able to access Kotak Mobile Banking App again?
Yes, in case you change your handset, you will have to install the Kotak Mobile Banking App on your new handset and register the app in the device. Once registered, you can access your accounts from the new handset. You can access your accounts from multiple handsets and tablets using the same CRN and MPIN.
Who can use Kotak Mobile Banking?
Kotak Mobile Banking is offered to the customers who either have a bank account or any other banking relationship. Customers having a Current / Savings Account, a Term Deposit or a Credit Card with access to Active Net Banking or having an Active Debit / Credit Card are eligible to be registered for Mobile Banking.
The access and transaction rights are as given below:
|Account Categories and Relationship||Access|
|Sole Ownership Account||View and Transact|
|Joint Account - Single Operating Mode||View and Transact|
|Joint Account - Joint Operating Mode||View|
|Minor Account - Minor||No access|
|Minor Account - Guardian||View and Transact|
|Power of Attorney||View and Transact|
|Authorised Signatories - Single operating mode**||View and Transact|
|Authorised Signatories - Conditional operating Mode||View|
* Company, Society, Trust, Association, Partnership, Sole Proprietorship, HUF
** Karta of an HUF and sole proprietor will get 'View' and 'Transact' access.
How do I customise the My Kotak home page in the Kotak Mobile Banking App?
You can customise your Home Page to view the information of your choice from a list of widgets. You have the option to view selected account related information without logging in by setting MPIN off. The personalization option is available for Android, Blackberry 10, iOS and Windows.
Note: We have rationalized the list of widgets in order to improve the app performance.
How can I view my account balance without logging in?
Go to Settings > Edit My Kotak and switch MPIN off for Account Overview. You can set MPIN off for a host of account related details and view them when you launch the app without logging in.
Only the primary CRN of the device can access this feature. This feature is available for Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry 10 devices.
I forgot my Debit/Credit Card PIN? How do I regenerate a PIN?
Go to Service Requests section in the app and select Debit Card requests or Credit Card requests, enter card details and regenerate PIN.
How can I set / remove International usage facility from my Debit Card?
Go to Service Request > Debit Card Requests > Set International Usage option and you can set / remove this facility from your card for any chosen date. If your card is not shown in the menu, it could be due to your card being permanently allowed or permanently blocked for International usage. Please contact the Customer Contact Centre at 1800 102 6022 for the complete details of your card. This feature is currently available for Android, iOS and Windows devices.
When can I transfer funds?
You can transfer funds 24x7 and instantly through IMPS using IFSC and Account Number. You can also do NEFT / RTGS fund transfers. Requests received after the cut off timing will be executed in the NEFT / RTGS cycle of the next working day.
Can I add someone as a beneficiary through Kotak Mobile Banking App?
No. You cannot add someone as a beneficiary through the app. To add a beneficiary, login to Net Banking or contact your nearest branch or the customer contact centre. However, you can use "One Time Transfer without adding beneficiary" to send money to someone who is not registered as a beneficiary.
One time transfer without adding beneficiary
How to transfer funds to someone who is not added as a beneficiary?
You can transfer funds to someone who is not registered as a beneficiary from "One time transfer without adding beneficiary" section. Go to Transfer Money > One time transfer without adding beneficiary. You can also view and repeat the One Time payments done in the past using "View & Repeat Transfers" button.
What is the maximum amount I can transfer using One time transfer without adding beneficiary?
You can transfer a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per transaction and a maximum of Rs. 1 Lac per day using One Time transfer without adding beneficiary.
Do I need to remember the IFSC for making one-time fund transfer?
You can choose the IFSC of a few selected banks from the "Select Bank" link while making a NEFT / IMPS Fund Transfer.
What is Message Money?
You can send money to anyone with just their mobile number using Message Money. You don't need to know your friend's Bank Account number or IFSC. This feature is available on Android and iOS.
Can I recharge my mobile number on the Kotak Mobile Banking app?
Yes, you can recharge any prepaid mobile number on the app. You can even choose from the list of recharge tariff plans shown.
Can I add a biller through the Kotak Mobile Banking App?
Yes. You can add or delete a biller by going to Bill Pay > Add / Delete Biller. This feature is available on Android phones.
What is AutoPay? How does it help me?
AutoPay allows you to get your bills paid automatically. You can also set and modify AutoPay by going to BillPay > Set / Modify AutoPay. The billers added through Mobile Banking can be seen on Net Banking as well. This feature is available on Android phones.
How can I book a Flight/Hotel using Kotak Mobile Banking App?
You can book flight tickets and hotel rooms from mStore. You can book, cancel, view your bookings from here. mStore is available on Android and iOS phones.
How do I cancel a Flight/Hotel booking using Kotak Mobile Banking App?
Flight tickets booked from mStore can be cancelled from the Kotak Mobile Banking App or from Goibibo Customer Care and Hotel reservations can be cancelled only by contacting Goibibo Customer Care at 0124-6777003. You cannot access / cancel the booking through Goibibo's website.
Who do I need to contact for my Flight or Hotel booking, cancellation or refund queries?
For any query related to flight and hotel booking, cancellation or refund status, contact Goibibo contact centre at 0124-6777003 or mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I access the Offers section and track my Jifi account status through the App
Add the "Offers" and "Kotak JiFi" widget to your "My Kotak". Go to Settings > Edit My Kotak for the same. Once added, you can see your Jifi Social and Transaction points within the App. This feature is currently available for Android, iOS and Windows devices.
Where can I view my notifications sent to the app?
Get your transaction alerts and other updates in the Mobile Banking App via push notifications. You can access all the notifications of past two days through the "Notifications" widget in My Kotak. It is currently available for Android, iOS and Windows users.
How do I turn off push notifications?
If you have an Android or Windows device, you can turn it off from the app. Go to Settings from the More menu of the app and Enable/Disable Push notifications.
If you have an iPhone/iPad, you can turn it OFF from the phone settings. Go to Settings > Notification Centre on your phone/tablet and Enable/Disable push notifications.
Please note that the Push Notifications are available only for the Primary CRN. This feature is currently available for Android, iOS and Windows devices.
Kotak Mobile Banking app is safe and secure
Kotak Mobile Banking platform uses the secured HTTPS protocol for communication between the mobile client and the mobile server. This ensures all your transactions are encrypted and completely secure.
Kotak Mobile Banking App uses two factor authentications. Two-factor authentication is a security mechanism that requires two types of credentials for authentication and is designed to provide an additional layer of validation, minimizing security breaches.
When you download the Kotak Mobile Banking application and register on your device, you will receive an activation code on your registered mobile number. Without this code you cannot activate the app on your device. The login password (MPIN) and activation code are the two factors of authentication used.
Our mobile banking platform uses secure HTTPS protocol for communication between the mobile client and the mobile server. Secure Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTPS) uses HTTP, but, additionally activates Web server security, in the form of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This means that the communications between the client and the (host) Web server are encrypted. This is a highly secured environment to conduct your transactions. Additionally, all application related information stored in the device is encrypted.
Types of Mobile Fraud you need to be aware of
Lost / stolen devices
Although mobile phones and tablets are convenient to use, they are also easy to lose and can put your account at risk. We recommend the following precautions:
- Never share your MPIN with anyone
- In case your device is lost or stolen, call our Customer Contact Centre (1800 102 6022) immediately and get your mobile banking app deactivated in that device
- Protect your device with a password so that it cannot be accessed by others without having access to your device's password
- Set automatic screen-lock on your device when it is not active
- Protect your devices from online viruses, malwares and threats using anti-virus software
- Avoid routing your device as such devices are prone to higher risk
Fake Mobile Banking App
Fraudsters may develop and publish fake mobile banking applications that look like the official Kotak Mobile Banking App to steal your online banking credentials. The following tips will help you recognize a fake app:
- Check the developer of the application. The app store will show Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. as the developer only for the official app.
- Download the app only from the registered app stores like Google Play Store, Apple App store, Blackberry World or Windows Store
- Kotak Mobile Banking app is a free app. If you find any paid app for Kotak Mahindra bank, please report it to the bank immediately.
- You can also visit app.kotak.com to download the authentic apps of Kotak Mahindra Bank
Registering on Kotak Mobile banking app is very simple. Watch this video to guide you on the steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdLHoqnqUxs
- Download Kotak Bank app from app.kotak.com or from Google Play Store/Apple App Store/Windows Store/Blackberry World on your smartphone
- Login with your Customer Relationship Number (CRN). You can find your CRN from your Debit/Credit card.
- Authenticate using your Debit / Credit Card details or Net Banking password
- Set a 6-digit MPIN
- Enter the activation code sent to your registered mobile number to complete the registration process. In case you use an iPhone or an Android tablet or an iPad, you will have to forward the activation code to 9971056767 / 5676788.