What is netc@rd?
Kotak netc@rd is a secure payment solution from Kotak Mahindra Bank. Kotak netc@rd is an online virtual card, created through a debit to your account on Net Banking. You can then use this netc@rd to shop online at any merchant website which accepts VISA cards.
What are the unique features of netc@rd?
- The actual debit card number is never used in the online transactions. Therefore, there is no risk of the actual card number getting exposed during the online transaction on the merchant website.
- netc@rd will be valid for a limited period only i.e. maximum 48 hours. This can however be changed by the Bank from time to time.
- netc@rd can be used at any online merchant site that accepts Visa Cards, thereby providing a secure online payment facility.
- After the end of the validity period of the netc@rd, such unutilized amount will be credited back to your account from which the card was created.
- netc@rd can be created through Kotak Net Banking
How safe is the Kotak Mahindra Bank netc@rd?
- Your netc@rd is created online in real time for an amount decided by you and valid for a limited period only i.e: maximum 48 hrs.
- netc@rd is an online, single transaction card. Therefore it cannot be used more than once and only up to the limited validity period and cannot be used on a swiping machine.
- On successful use of netc@rd the same cannot be used again.
- As a matter of practice, you should create netc@rd just before the payment for the intended purchase, and use it immediately at your chosen Merchant site.
Who all are eligible for availing of this product?
All resident Indian customers, NRE customers and foreigners who are registered for the net-banking channel access and have at least one valid current / savings account to which they have operating rights over Kotak Net-Banking, can avail of this product.
How do I generate a netc@rd?
Go to http://www.kotak.com/ and log on to Net Banking using your login ID (CRN) and password. Click on "netc@rd" tab post which you will receive an OTP at registered mobile number. Select the account from which you wish to draw funds for creating netc@rd and click OK to generate.
How do I use my netc@rd?
To use your Netc@rd follow the steps mentioned below
- Select the goods that you wish to purchase on the merchant website
- Select the payment mode as "Debit Card" (VISA)
- Generate Kotak Netc@rd by logging on to Kotak Net Banking, select "Netc@rd" tab post which you will receive an OTP at registered mobile number and click on "Generate Card". Select the account and enter the amount (in Rupees) to generate the card
- Once the Card is created, you will be displayed the "Card No.", "CVV2 value" and the "Expiry Date"
- Please enter the card details as required on the merchant payment page and confirm the payment
Can I use netc@rd at all websites?
You can use your netc@rd at all the websites that accept VISA cards as a payment option. However, sites such as the adult entertainment-sites, gambling-sites, etc, have been prohibited.
Note: Avoid using your netc@rd in cases where you are required to:
- Present your actual plastic debit card to receive your purchase, e.g. for purchase of some airline or movie tickets - check each merchant's policy carefully before you purchase.
- Pay installment or make recurring payments
When does the source account get debited - at the time of creation of netc@rd or at the time of purchase payment?
The amount gets debited from your account at the time of creation of netc@rd.
How do I cancel netc@rd, after generating it?
Login to Kotak Mahindra Bank's Net-Banking and click on "netc@rd" tab, and select "Cancel netc@rd" from the menu option. From the list of all netc@rds, select netc@rd that you want canceled and click on "Cancel Card". Please note, only those cards that have never been used cards can be cancelled. Such funds will be credited back within 1 Mumbai working day.
What happens if I do not use the netc@rd at all or if I use only part of netc@rd amount?
For a completely unused netc@rd, the amount is credited back to your source account, within 1 Mumbai working days, from the end of the validity period.
In case netc@rd was partially utilized, the balance amount gets credited to the source account at the end of 35 days from the date of expiry of the card, if the same has not been claimed by the merchant/Visa.
Can I generate a netc@rd from any Computer?
You can generate netc@rd on any PC that has an Internet Connection and Internet Explorer browser version 5.5 or above.
Several Merchant Sites ask for a 3 Digit Code to be entered in addition to the Card Number. Does netc@rd provide for such a number?
Yes, at the time of netc@rd creation, this 3 digit code (CVV2 Value) will be generated and it should be used when prompted by a Merchant Site.
Is there an Annual Fee for the Kotak Mahindra Bank netc@rd?
No, this facility is currently being provided to you free of cost.
Can I withdraw Cash using my netc@rd?
No, this facility can be used only for making online payments at web-sites that accept the "VISA" range of cards.
Can I use this card for mail order or telephone order purchases?
No, this card can only be used for internet purchases. This card cannot be used for mail order or telephone order purchases.
Can I re-load or renew netc@rd?
No, netc@rd can only be funded once at the time of card creation and cannot be renewed after expiry however you can create a new netc@rd from your account.
Will there be transaction limits on the amount / maximum cards per day?
Yes, the Bank will set a maximum/minimum limit for card generation / maximum cards per day in order to protect the interest of the customers, which is subject to change from time to time. This minimum limit has been set to Rs. 100/- while the maximum limit has currently been set to Rs. 50,000/- (per customer) per day, irrespective of the number of cards generated.
How do I decide the card generation amount on the merchant website?
The total purchase amount in case of purchase in Indian websites will be in Indian Rupees. In case you wish to purchase goods in foreign currency, you will be required to calculate the Indian rupee equivalent of the amount of foreign currency basis the prevailing exchange rates and then create netc@rd for the rupee equivalent amount.
Will the Bank provide a guarantee on the delivery / quality of the goods purchased through netc@rd?
No, The Bank will not be responsible for any delivery / quality guarantee for the goods purchased through netc@rd.